Thursday, March 31, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Our guests this month are:
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
- Pull a single card from the deck.
- If you do read Tarot, do not try and read the card. If you don't normally read Tarot, you're better prepared for this exercise.
- Look at the picture and its components for one full minute. (I'll time you here; set a timer at home.)
- Flip the card over or return it to the deck and shuffle it in. Resist the urge to look at it!
- Write for two full minutes everything you remember from the picture on the card on a sheet of paper.
- On a second (and third, fourth, fifth, etc.) piece of paper, using only what you wrote on the first paper, construct a story or path for your character to take. (For the workshop, I'll give you 2 more minutes; at home, take as long as you want/need/can.)
- Collaborate with one or more partners and put your stories together. (For the workshop, I'll give you 3 minutes to do this).
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
March 2011 Woman Power Episode of the Broad Pod! ((fiction, science fiction, romance, fantasy, feminist))
Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
Welcome to the 2011 March episode of the Broad Pod! Join hostess Jean Marie Ward (http://JeanMarieWard.com) for this month's powerful collection of short readings from women writing across the realm of speculative fiction.
The Broad Pod is sponsored by Broad Universe, an international, non-profit organization dedicated to promoting, honoring, and celebrating women writers of science fiction, fantasy, and horror. Find out more about our organization, including new fiction released by women, more podcasts, and information about writing and publishing for women, at our website, www.broaduniverse.org
March is Women’s History Month, and this month’s talented women writers spotlight many aspects of Woman Power—and powerful women:
Charged with treason, Gail Z. Martin’s (http://www.ascendantkingdoms.com/) pregnant queen Kiera must wage a war of words to save herself, her friends, and her unborn child.
In Larissa N. Niec’s (http://larissaniec.com/) selection, the goddess Rhianna’s high priestess embarks on a dangerous spirit quest to seek help for her dying land.
Theresa Crater (http://theresacrater.com/) introduces her heroine—and us—to the legendary Morgan le Fey in the land beneath the hallowed hill.
Then journey with Diane Whiteside (http://dianewhiteside.com/) to present-day Virginia, where a psychically gifted homicide detective learns just how powerful a woman working for the FBI can be.
Finally, soar into the future with Danielle Ackley-McPhail (http://sidhenadaire.com/) and a squadron of hell-raising women fighter pilots led by the infamous Scarlet Jay.
Sit back. Enjoy. But don’t expect to relax—not around these women.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Monday, March 7, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
Blueberry: I'm single
Pineapple its complicated
Raspberry: I'm a touch and go woman
Cherry: In a relationship
Banana: I'm married
Avocado: I'm the "other one"
Strawberry: Cant find the right one
Lemon: Wish i was single
Grape: wants to get married.
The bra game reached TV, lets get this one to do the same, and show everyone how powerful women are
Wednesday, March 2, 2011