Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blogathon: Mind Body Spirit... Horse


There's nothing like an amazing massage.

I finally got to visit my favorite massage therapist, Linda Spring (who also sponsored me!), on Friday.  You know it's a good massage when you walk out of the office, feel more graceful, see colors more brightly, are entirely aware of all your senses, and just feel alive.  I've had good massages before and since my last trip to Linda, but not amazing ones that change your whole perception of the world.

If you're wondering what massage therapy has to do with horses (besides Linda being a sponsor), don't worry, I'm about to get to it.

Many of the my sponsors in this Blogathon, and in prior, are advocates of a holistic lifestyle.  That's something I firmly believe in.

It's something that animals - especially horses - can teach us a lot about.

(See, I told you I'd get to the horses.)

During my massage, Linda was telling me of a therapy session she had with an equine client.  She could see the muscles relaxing as she worked the tight areas, and she could see it in the horse's face, feel it in its breathing.  The horse also took notice of Linda teaching these techniques to its human companion.

The horse easily returned to a state of balance.  That's its natural state of being.

Humans are constantly separating the mind, body, and spirit.  We rationalize, compartmentalize, treat symptoms, and tear apart our whole being.  Animals don't do that.  What they think IS what they feel IS the state of their body.

If a horse is acting up, there it is a physical manifestation of something.  If a horse has reason to feel afraid, the body will reflect it, and you can bet that's all the horse is thinking about.  If a horse is injured, a good human companion can tell right away from the horse's behavior: it's display of  thoughts and emotions.

The good thing is, people who spend time with horses - with any animal companions, really - we are drawn to imitate this Oneness.  This Balance.  I have heard over and over and over again that people who are close to their pets or who work with animals are significantly less likely to suffer from mental, physical, and emotional illness.  And those humans born with these illnesses or disabilities almost always improve their condition when they spend time with animals.

Forget an apple a day, if you want to keep the doctor away, spend some quality time with animals.



Click the apple to donate now to help the BSER horses!

0 comments:

 
A Novel Friend © 2008 by para Você | Re-design Sweet Baby Girl