Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ohai - Almost Last Post!


Ohai!  I'm Trish

Who the hell am I to be begging you for money in a crazy 24-hour blogathon?



Hiiiiiiiiiiiii!  (I've got one more blog post after this, bear with me.)

I'm a writer, first and foremost.  Here's my website.  And I edit things.

I write for magazines, but I've also had some short fiction published in Bad-Ass Faeries 2: Just Plain Bad and Bad-Ass Faeries 3: In All Their Glory and the now defunct Fantasy Gazetteer.  I had some poetry published at Poetry Locksmith.  I have a finished novel that requires me to get back on the query bandwagon again.  I write with my good friend Christy Tohara.  We did the Bad-Ass Faerie Stories together, we have one finished novel together that needs more editing, and we've almost finished a second novel together.

We're late on our bi-monthly newsletter, so you can still email me if you want to be on our mailing list.

I also tutor at Smarthinking.com

My second volunteer position is on the Motherboard of Broad Universe, an international non-profit dedicated to promoting women in science fiction, fantasy, and horror.  (If the links not working, it's cuz we're in the process of putting up a new website - and Ah halped!)

And, of course, I love horses. 

I started working with the Bay State Equine Rescue in 2004ish, I think.  It's been a while.

One thing you should know about me is that I'm reallllly good at faking that I know what I'm doing.  I'm so good at that, in fact, people ask this liberal arts major tech support questions all the damn time.  More equine related, Susan trusted me for the Thursday morning chores, usually by myself, for almost 2 years after a few months training.  (We've gotten much more involved with training since, too.  And, again, I'm an unusual kinda person.) 

Or, maybe Susan knew me too well.  Because I actually learn things a whole lot quicker when left to my own devices.  Not only that, but I have always had a closer connection to animals than humans… which Susan had admitted to similar.

Still, I'm quite sure God was keeping an eye on me or I woulda been ded.  Horses are dangerous animals.  Or maybe the horses really do love me back!

But I still love them.  Very much!

And that's why I'm here, on this last post, begging for any donation you can spare to help me continue to help these amazing animals.  Thank you!

Click the apple to donate now to help the BSER horses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock! My favorite blog!

Autumn

Amanda Miller said...

Trisha, you are doing such a great job both with the words that you write and the horses you are helping. And remember that even though Susan may have given you 2 months of training, the horses are even better teachers!I think they conspired to get me into life coaching by seeing things from another perspective.

Trisha Wooldridge said...

@Autumn - Thank you!! :)

@Amanda - Also, thank you. :) Horses really are great teachers. I've heard many times that they can sense when your blood pressure is up and what your heart rate is, so it makes me think to take a moment to listen to my body, so that _I_ know these things, too.

 
A Novel Friend © 2008 by para Você | Re-design Sweet Baby Girl