Saturday, July 31, 2010

Blogathon Logistics


I talked a little about how the blogathon works before, but I just realized I should add something else about the way I handle donations - because each blogger does things a little differently.

I have each post set up to link directly to the Bay State Equine Rescue PayPal account.

This lets any sponsors safely donate directly to the rescue; the money never touches me.  Also, I want to reiterate, all of your contact info remains confidential.  The rescue will never share it, nor will we sign you up for any of our mailings either.  (If you WANT us to, make a note in the PayPal donation. We'd love to share our stories and events with more people.)

That said, I don't have access to the rescue's PayPal account.

Fortunately, I've become friends with the president of the rescue, Susan Sheridan, and once she's recovered from the Gigantic Yard Sale that's happening today, she will most likely go through her email and send me copies of the PayPal receipts.  But I'd also like to keep track of any donations, myself.  It's a good way to cross check what works and what doesn't.  Also, I'd love any feedback about the posts or the blogathon.  What worked?  What didn't?  What would you like to see more of?  I do this fundraiser every year, and I want to make it the best experience for my readers and sponsors as possible.

So, send me emails!  trish (at) anovelfriend (dot) com  (replace the (at) with @ and the (dot) with . and kill the spaces, for you who don't know this trick to avoid automatic spam browsers.  Please, email me any PayPal receipts of your donations - and let me know how you feel about the blogathon.

Thank you!

Click the apple to donate now to help the BSER horses!

0 comments:

 
A Novel Friend © 2008 by para Você | Re-design Sweet Baby Girl